Liposuction has come a long way in recent years, as demand for the procedure has set the stage for a number of different techniques and devices. Tickle Lipo is just one of the variations now available on the liposuction procedure. This procedure uses low-frequency vibration to loosen fat cells for easier removal from the body. Is Tickle Lipo superior to traditional liposuction? At Sapphire Advanced Aesthetics, we believe in giving our patients the facts and letting them make the choice.
How Liposuction Works
Both traditional liposuction and Tickle liposuction use a narrow tube called a cannula, which is inserted through micro-incisions into the treatment area. The cannula is used to remove fat cells from the body. Traditional liposuction and Tickle Lipo also both inject fluids into the body at the same time as the treatment to numb the treatment area and make it easier to remove fat cells. The procedure is known as tumescent or “wet” liposuction.
What is Tickle Lipo?
Tickle liposuction incorporates a new element in the liposuction process – low frequency acoustic infrasonic vibration. The vibration, which patients describe as a tickling sensation, gently loosens the fat cells without trauma to the surrounding tissue. When performed by an experienced physician, this procedure offers a number of benefits over traditional liposuction procedures.
Benefits of Tickle Lipo
There are a number of benefits Tickle Lipo offers over other types of liposuction:
- Can be performed under local anesthesia, reducing risks and recovery time
- Less discomfort during and after the procedure
- Ability to treat many areas, including smaller areas like the neck and chin
- No heat technology means no risk of burning or damaging tissue and skin
- Recovery time is shorter than with other types of liposuction procedures
- Provides permanent results as long as a healthy weight is maintained after treatment
Drawbacks of Tickle Lipo
There are also a few drawbacks of Tickle Lipo to consider before scheduling the procedure:
- Tickle Lipo is not a weight loss procedure and should be performed in conjunction with exercise and a balanced diet
- Tickle Lipo should only be performed by physicians that are experienced in this specific technique
- The tumescent can cause swelling in the treatment area for 3-4 days after the procedure
- Some patients do experience bruising in the treatment area, which will generally disappear within a few weeks
- There may be numbness and tingling around the love handle area, which may last up to six weeks
Making the Right Choice
When you are selecting the best liposuction procedure for your needs, the experience of the provider often trumps the specific procedure you choose. Dr. Leslie Smith is one of just a few doctors in the Minneapolis area that is specifically trained in the Tickle Lipo procedure. She uses this technique on nearly any area of the face or body with excellent results.
Tickle Lipo has proven itself as a preferred method of body contouring when it is performed by an experienced physician like Dr. Smith. The procedure is less invasive than traditional liposuction, which means less discomfort and downtime. If you would like to learn more about this innovative procedure, contact Sapphire Advanced Aesthetics at 952-460-1970.
Posted in: Uncategorized