Sculpting the ideal body contour is no easy task. Even if you hit your target number on the scale (or close to it), you might still see stubborn bulges that won’t go away with your efforts. It can be frustrating to see those fat deposits linger, affecting how your clothes fit and your appearance overall. Wouldn’t it be wonderful to find a way to put the finishing touch on your body contouring efforts by eliminating those annoying areas of fat? Dr. Leslie Smith wants you to know there is a way to say goodbye to the bulges and it involves minimal discomfort and downtime. At Sapphire Advanced Aesthetics, we offer Tickle Liposuction for this purpose.
Introducing Tickle Lipo
Sapphire Advanced Aesthetics is one of the premier destinations in the Minneapolis St. Paul area for Tickle Lipo, a minimally-invasive liposuction technique that shapes and contours nearly every problem spot on the body. Tickle Lipo is one of the most advanced liposuction techniques and is beloved by our patient due to its ability to deliver incredible results with virtually no downtime. It can also be used to correct uneven results from other less effective body contouring treatments, such as CoolSculpting. Dr. Smith is one of only a few cosmetic doctors in Minneapolis trained in the Tickle Lipo procedure, offering her patients the latest in cutting-edge body contouring options.
What is Tickle Lipo?
The name “Tickle Lipo” comes from the technology utilized by the device. Low-frequency acoustic infrasonic vibration is the secret ingredient that gently breaks up fat deposits without disrupting surrounding tissue. The loosening step makes it easier to remove unwanted fat cells with no excessive trauma to the body, creating smoother results with less recovery time. Patients compare the vibration to a tickling sensation; hence the name, Tickle Lipo.
Benefits of Tickle Lipo
There are numerous benefits to selecting Tickle Lipo over other body contouring procedures:
- Outpatient procedure performed under local anesthesia
- Comfortable process
- Little or no downtime afterward
- No heat used, reducing risks and increasing safety
- Removes fat cells
- Precise treatment offers high definition body sculpting
- Works on nearly any area of the body
One of the most significant advantages to Tickle Lipo is its ability to address nearly any area of the body where focalized fat lingers. Here are some of the most popular areas of treatment among the patients we’ve seen:
The midsection is a common concern for men and women alike. Women, in particular, often have difficulty getting rid of that final bit of tummy bulge after pregnancy or weight loss. Tickle Lipo removes abdominal fat to create a smoother, flatter abdomen.
Hips and Flanks
Fat doesn’t just hang around the middle; it can also attach itself to the hips and flanks. This is another popular area where Tickle Lipo can be used to reduce unwanted fat as well as circumference to make your skinny jeans fit a bit more comfortably.
Inner and Outer Thighs
The dreaded “saddlebags” frequently occur on the upper thighs, which is another common area for unwanted fat to settle. The inner thighs can also be problematic, as the coveted thigh gap doesn’t happen for everyone naturally. Tickle Lipo sculpts and tones the upper legs to give you confidence in your shorts once again.
Women often find the underside of the upper arms is another area where fat can accumulate and cause the “bat wing” appearance. When the problem is restricted to fat deposits, Tickle Lipo is highly effective at reducing the extra tissue and creating a smoother upper arm contour.
How Tickle Lipo Works
Tickle Lipo is known internationally by its technical name nutational infrasonic liposculpture or NIL. Dr. Smith, named one of the top 10 cosmetic physicians in Minnesota by the American Institute of Plastic Surgeons, selected the Tickle Lipo system for her practice due to its superior patient comfort and safety features. Tickle Lipo is a minimally-invasive procedure Dr. Smith performs right in her Wayzata cosmetic treatment center. Local anesthesia is used to keep you comfortable during your treatment, which typically takes about one to two hours depending on the size of the treatment area and the amount of fat you want to remove.
The device gently vibrates to break up fat pockets to make them easier to remove. This leads to less trauma to the surrounding tissue as well as less injury to the fat so it can be used for fat transfer after liposuction if you wish.
Less Pain, Shorter Recovery
Patients that are hesitant to schedule surgical procedures due to concerns about prescribed medication that often accompany treatments now have another option. Sapphire Advanced Aesthetics now offers Pro-Nox, an analgesic delivery system that reduces both discomfort and anxiety before and during your surgical procedure.
Traditionally known as laughing gas, Pro-Nox is a specially designed system that allows you to control how much medication you receive. At the same time, the system eliminates some of the side effects of oral medications, including drowsiness, dizziness and fatigue. Because the effects of Pro-Nox wear off within minutes, patients that select this option can even drive themselves home from their procedures if they choose. There is a small fee to use Pro-Nox, so let us know during your consultation if you would prefer this method.
Tickle Lipo Step by Step
The Tickle Lipo procedure is done in a series of steps, which will not take more than an hour or two in most cases. The steps are as follows:
- Dr. Smith will begin by making a small incision in the treatment area and infuse the area with a numbing tumescent fluid. In addition to making the process more comfortable, the liquid makes the fat easier to see and remove.
- Next, Dr. Smith will insert a cannula, which is a very narrow and blunt tube, to suction out the fat. The cannula will be placed directly into the fat deposit.
- The patented cannula used in the Tickle Lipo process rotates and vibrates gently and independently, making for a gentler removal process. The motion loosens and breaks up the fat for a smooth elimination and a smoother result.
- Because Dr. Smith can see changes in the body contour during the treatment, she can deliver results that are precise, symmetrical and natural.
- When Dr. Smith has achieved the desired shape, she will remove the cannula. The incision is typically too small to require sutures, so a dressing is placed over the opening to protect it as it heals.
Making the Most of Your Tickle Lipo Treatment
While Tickle Lipo frequently delivers satisfactory improvement when performed alone, it can also be combined with other treatments to enhance your outcome further. Examples might include:
- Fat Transfer – The fat that is removed during Tickle Lipo can be purified and prepared to augment other areas of the face and body. This procedure is similar to dermal fillers, but fat tends to last much longer than filler formulations, and can be safely used in larger volumes for procedures like a Brazilian Butt Lift.
- Skin Tightening – Some patients may find that the removal of fat leads to some skin laxity. For these patients, Dr. Smith offers non-surgical tightening using the innovative Venus Concept laser. The device works deep into the dermal structure to constrict tissue and stimulate collagen production for firmer skin from the inside out.
- Cellulite Elimination – Patients that have cellulite, as well as fat deposits, may find that a Venus Legacy treatment puts the finishing touch on their body contouring. Like Venus Concept, this device also achieves some skin firming and collagen production in addition to its ability to treat cellulite.
After Tickle Lipo
You may see some slight bruising after your Tickle Lipo session, which will subside relatively quickly. There is typically little or no discomfort after treatment. You will be able to resume your schedule within a day or two in most cases. It is not unusual to notice a slimmer and more toned treatment area almost immediately, but most patients realize full results within a few months. Those results will continue indefinitely as long as you maintain a healthy lifestyle and weight.
Tickle Lipo Cost
In general, Tickle Lipo is less expensive than traditional liposuction. The cost of Tickle Lipo will vary based on your individual goals. Considerations will include the number, size and location of the treatment areas, as well as the amount of fat to be removed to achieve the desired correction. Sapphire Advanced Aesthetics is one of the leading cosmetic centers in the Minneapolis and St. Paul region for Tickle Lipo. We offer competitive pricing with free consultations.
Tickle Lipo FAQs
What is Tickle Lipo?
Nutational infrasonic liposculpture (NIL), more commonly known as Tickle Lipo, is a liposuction technique that uses no heat. Instead, the method uses a rotating, vibrating cannula that gently breaks up and liquefies the fat for easier removal.
Who is a candidate for Tickle Lipo?
Dr. Smith recommends Tickle Lipo for patients that have targeted problem areas that are resistant to diet and exercise. Tickle Lipo is not for people who are expecting to lose a significant volume of fat.
What is the advantage of “no heat” liposuction?
Dr. Smith introduced Tickle Lipo to Minneapolis St. Paul patients because of its superior safety and comfort. The Tickle Lipo technique targets only those problem areas, leaving the surrounding tissue intact. The process results in smoother contours, less trauma to the body and a quicker recovery.
Does Tickle Lipo really tickle?
The name Tickle Lipo comes from the vibration of the cannula during the procedure, which patients often liken to a tickling sensation. Traditional liposuction relies on the physician to move the cannula back and forth to dislodge the fat, which is less precise and can lead to more collateral trauma.
Tickle Lipo is a minimally invasive, highly effective method of body contouring today. Contact Sapphire Advanced Aesthetics today at 952-460-1970 to find out if Tickle Lipo is the right treatment for you.