At some point in your life, you will get to a certain age where you start to notice dramatic changes in your face, changes that will make you feel the passage of time. Maybe you are already there; are your face and cheeks starting to sag? If you are relatively young but experience facial tiredness, you also may want to consider a Silhouette Lift.
Sapphire Advanced Aesthetics is a full-service cosmetic treatment center in Wayzata, MN, just minutes from Minneapolis. We offer a wide range of non-surgical facelift solutions to reverse the signs of aging and help you look as young as you feel. If you are interested in restoring a more youthful appearance, but prefer to avoid extensive plastic surgery such as a traditional facelift, read on and find out why a Silhouette Lift may be the right option for you.
What is a Silhouette Lift?
Silhouette Lift is a patented self-anchoring thread technology that permits a minimally invasive surgical approach for elevation and fixation of skin. Silhouette Lift is the FDA-approved, non-surgical facelift technique used to tighten sagging skin in the face, neck and jowls.
Made from polypropylene, a material that has been used inside the human body as a suture material for decades; Silhouette Lift is designed with patented dimensional cones that attach to the sub-dermal tissue, lifting, suspending and fixating contour of the brow, the middle of the face and neck areas.
The Silhouette Lift is minimally invasive; the procedure achieves beautiful natural looking results. It is performed in our comfortable Wayzata treatment center under local anesthesia and has become a very popular treatment.
Is it a Painful Procedure?
Pain and discomfort are minimal with this technique and most patients need only take Tylenol for pain relief. In most cases, ice compresses are recommended for the first 24-48 hours.
What Are the Benefits of the Silhouette Lift?
Dr. Leslie Smith is a skin specialist; she is professionally trained and certified and can achieve incredibly natural looking results. There are many benefits to choosing the Silhouette Lift to achieve your facial rejuvenation goals such as:
• Excellent natural looking results for men and women.
• Facial volume can be redistributed, restoring a youthful appearance.
• The procedure is minimally invasive, requiring only small incisions that can easily be disguised in the hairline.
• An outpatient procedure, you can go home the same day.
• Most patients return to normal activities within a week’s time.
• Requires only local anesthesia.
• FDA-approved procedure.
• Long time results lasting up to four years.
• Unlike fillers, there’s no need to return for touch-ups every few months.
• Extending results for an additional four years is simple with a 20-minute retightening procedure.
• Silhouette Lift is less expensive than a traditional facelift.
How Does It Work?
The procedure takes place in five stages:
1. Pre-Treatment – Before beginning the procedure, Dr. Smith will administer a local anesthesia, the patient will remain fully awake throughout the procedure. You will be able to communicate and follow directions.
2. Incision – Depending on the target area, a subtle incision is made in the temporal region, in a disguisable area. As a skin specialist, Dr. Smith has the experience to make a very conservative incision that will reduce the risk of scarring.
3. Silhouette Sutures – Using a unique device, Dr. Smith will insert the Silhouette Sutures into predetermined locations on the mid to lower face. Depending on the desired lift, one or several sutures will be inserted.
4. Repositioning the Skin – Dr. Smith will pull the Silhouette Sutures to give the desired lift and anchor them in the temporal region.
5. Closing the Incision – Fine sutures are used to close the incision. The incision site is so small that it doesn’t require special dressings or coverings.
Recovery After a Silhouette Lift
The Silhouette Lift is sometimes referred to as the “lunchtime lift” or the “weekend lift” because it can be performed in about one hour and has a short recovery period. The day following the procedure you can resume non-strenuous activities and all normal activities can usually be resumed within about one week.
Who is a Candidate?
The Silhouette Lift candidates typically:
• Between the ages of 40 and 70 years old.
• Have apparent dropping of the soft tissues in the facial areas.
• Are in good health.
• Understand the procedure and have realistic expectations.
What Areas Can Be Treated?
• Brows – Brow line lifting.
• Cheeks – Cheek fat repositioning and contouring.
• Nasolabial folds – Lift and tighten cheek contours to reduce nasolabial folds (smile lines).
• Jowls – Lift lower jaw area to improve and tighten jowl shape and contour.
• Neckline – Reduce turkey neck effect and return youthful contours to neckline.
Meet Dr. Leslie Smith
Leslie Smith, D.O., is a board-certified surgeon and soft tissue specialist with over a decade of experience. Dr. Leslie Smith is also a certified cosmetic physician trained in laser technology. She offers a wide range of minimally invasive treatments and procedures at her cosmetic center, Sapphire Advanced Aesthetics, in Wayzata, MN.
Schedule Your Consultation
If you would like to further explore your options for the Silhouette Lift, schedule your consultation with Dr. Smith. You can reach us by directly calling our office at (951) 460-1970 or schedule through our website.
Posted in: Silhouette lift