Acne is the most common skin condition in the United States. Unfortunately, acne is not just for teens as it is commonly thought to be. Nearly half of women and, at least, one-third of men get clinical acne well into adulthood.
Pimples and inflammation that start in adolescence and linger well into the late twenties are called continuing acne; adult acne that rears its head after years of clear skin is called late-onset. Whether you are still battling your acne or dealing with the aftermath, like scars and hyperpigmentation, Sapphire Advanced Aesthetics has a broad range of treatments to help improve and generate healthy and new skin.
Sapphire Advanced Aesthetics is home to Dr. Leslie Smith, a board certified physician and skin specialist. She is one of the top cosmetic doctors in the Minneapolis St. Paul area for expert skin treatments. With a broad range of procedures and products, she can target many common skin problems including acne.
Types of Acne Treatment
SkinMedica’s Vitalize Peel is a powerful, non-damaging peel that uses an acidic solution to rejuvenate and remove the outer layer of skin and stimulate the production of new skin cells. The Vitalize Peel is SkinMedica’s most popular chemical peel.
- Appropriate for: Mild to moderate skin imperfections and acne as determined by the physician. Vitalize Peel is suitable for different all skin tones.
- Purpose: Smooth the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and roughness.
- Results: Noticeable results after just one peel compelling results after three to six peels.
- No downtime: Two days after this peel is applied the skin starts to shed from the chin up to the forehead for a duration of about two to three days.
SkinMedica’s Rejuvenize Peel is a powerful, non-damaging peel that uses an acidic solution to remove the outer layer of skin and stimulate the production of new skin cells. The Rejuvenize Peel is SkinMedica’s deepest peel, penetrating the skin for significant results with minimal irritation; it is the strongest of the three peels and is ideal for those who have already had other treatment and are now tolerant to medical grade peels:
- Appropriate for: Safe for all skin types. Moderate to severe acne and skin imperfections as determined by the physician.
- Purpose: Smooth the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, acne scarring and roughness.
- Results: Noticeable improvement after just one peel, compelling results after three to six peels
- No downtime: Application of the Rejuvenize Peel is typically associated with a mild tingling or prickling sensation. Many patients report increased sensitivity or a flushed, warm feeling similar to sunburn. Rejuvenize application process is safe and self-regulating, and its effects are always predictable.
The MicroLaser Peel removes the top layer of damaged skin to improve texture, promote regeneration of healthy skin and provide a more youthful appearance; it produces excellent results because it can be administered with great precision of depth.
- Appropriate for: Can be effectively used for all skin types.
- Purpose: Dr. Smith uses the MicroLaser Peel to treat acne and acne scarring, reducing redness and improving the texture of skin.
- Results: Because only the outer layer of skin is treated, most patients notice an obvious improvement in tone, texture and color evenness once the skin heals in approximately three to four days.
- Minimal downtime: Most patients feel comfortable enough to return to work within three to four days.
ProFractional uses a tiny laser beam to treat thousands of pinpoint areas of your skin. Instead of treating a broad area, ProFractional technology targets only a fraction of the skin; this leaves the healthy skin intact and accelerates the healing process. The laser treatment also stimulates collagen production to improve skin laxity.
- Appropriate for: Can be used effectively for all skin types.
- Purpose: Dr. Smith uses the ProFractional to treat acne and acne scars, as well as other skin issues like hyperpigmentation, poor skin tone, fine lines and wrinkles.
- Results: The ProFractional laser produces results that stimulate the production of new collagen. After treatment, you will immediately begin to experience tighter and rejuvenated skin as well as improved skin tone. More dramatic results some with additional treatments.
- Minimal downtime: After laser treatment, many patients experience some redness, tenderness, and swelling similar to that of a sunburn. Most patients need only one or two days of downtime after treatment.
- Smith often customizes treatment to cater to individual patients with two or more therapies to deliver the best results for patients with acne and acne scarring.
Skin Care Products
Revision Skincare For over 25 years, Revision Skincare has been a trusted name in clinical strength skin care products. Dr. Smith promotes Revision Skincare because they use advanced formulas that are manufactured to the highest standards.
If you have acne, Dr. Smith can recommend specific products in the Revision line that will help to control current problems and prevent future outbreaks.
Sapphire Advanced Aesthetics is proud to offer skin care products from the SkinMedica line; these products are based on the science of the skin’s healing abilities.
SkinMedica’s science-based formulas include vitamins, proteins, retinol and TNS, a patented formula that promotes healthy skin growth.
For patients with problem skin, we offer SkinMedica’s Acne System treatment kit, a set of clinical strength products specially designed for at-home skin care.
Call us at 952.460.1970 to schedule your skin consultation with Sapphire Advanced Aesthetics, offering the latest in Minneapolis area.
Posted in: Skin Treatments