Hair loss, a plight that affects both men and women, can be a painful and embarrassing experience. Pattern-baldness affects millions of Americans. While some people may experience thinning hair as early as their teens and twenties, the condition is much more frequent after the age of 50, especially for men. PRP or platelet-rich plasma therapy offers an effective treatment for jump-starting the hair growth cycle and reducing hair loss.
Three PRP Hair Restoration treatments at Sapphire Advanced Aesthetics are recommended for most patients to enjoy optimal results. Dr. Leslie Smith, the center’s founder, was named among the 10 best Plastic Surgeons in Minnesota by the American Institute of Plastic Surgeons, making her a regional specialist in the field. She offers innovative PRP hair restoration treatment to her patients, providing a nonsurgical solution for thinning hair and pattern-baldness.
A more voluminous head of hair is possible with PRP treatments, but consistency is critical. While each person’s treatment needs vary, to see optimal results, a minimum of three PRP treatments is needed when first starting out. Our discounted rate of three sessions for $2600 (Valued at $3200) makes the treatment series more affordable for our patients, giving them an incentive to see the process through to optimal results. Read on to discover the benefits of platelet-rich plasma therapy and take advantage of our special.
The Hair Growth – Hair Loss Cycle
Much like the body’s cells and tissues, the hair goes through cycles of regeneration in which new hairs replace the old ones. In this respect, a certain amount of hair loss is normal. On any given day, 90 percent of the hairs on your head are in a growth phase, while the other 10 percent are in the transition or resting stages.
Hair loss occurs when rates of hair growth are not sufficient to replace the amount of hair that’s been shed. As the body ages, the physical processes that support these cycles start to break down and move slower. In effect, the body becomes less efficient in its ability to deliver oxygen and nutrients to hair follicles, which causes slower hair growth rates. This slowing process can be addressed directly by PRP treatments.
PRP for Hair Loss – How Does It Work?
Platelet-rich plasma therapy uses the healing properties of blood platelets to jumpstart hair growth cycles. Blood platelets, commonly known for their clotting effects, also contain growth factors. Growth factors in the blood play central roles in repairing and regenerating cells and tissues throughout the body.
PRP treatments apply a concentrated mix of blood platelets to areas of the scalp where hair loss is present. The effects of PRP work to strengthen weakened blood vessels and hair follicle structures. In the process, hair growth rates increase as needed amounts of oxygen and nutrients can reach hair follicles, restoring their function and supporting hair growth cycles.
PRP treatments offer other benefits as well:
- Excess hair loss decreases while new growth is promoted
- No risk of allergic reaction since blood platelets come from the patient
- The procedure takes less than an hour to complete
- Minimal pain or discomfort
What is PRP Hair Restoration Like?
Platelet-rich plasma therapy is a nonsurgical procedure that does not require anesthesia. However, a topical anesthetic cream is applied before treatment to minimize discomfort. The first step entails drawing one to two syringes of blood from the patient’s arm. Next, the blood is put into a centrifuge, which separates the blood platelets out to create a high concentration of platelets.
After applying the topical cream to the areas of the scalp being treated, a licensed aesthetician injects the PRP into the target areas using a small needle. Injections are made at half-inch intervals along the scalp surface. On average, the procedure takes no longer than 30 minutes to complete. From there, you can go about your day as usual since no sedatives or general anesthesia are used.
Follow This Treatment Schedule for the Best Results
Since PRP treatments work to regenerate failing hair growth cycles, you can expect to see positive results as the scalp becomes more efficient in delivering oxygen and nutrients to follicle structures. To maintain ongoing hair growth, it’s essential to receive treatments on a regular schedule when first starting out. For these reasons, Dr. Smith recommends scheduling a once-a-month therapy for the first three months. After that point, treatments are only needed once every three to six months depending on the rate of progress made.
During the first three months, you can expect to see new hair growth as well as a noticeable reduction in shedding. Existing hairs will also grow longer. The result produces a thicker, fuller head of hair.
Call us today at 952-460-1970 to schedule a consultation appointment with Dr. Smith and lock in your special rate.