Silhouette Lift Minneapolis
Sapphire Advanced Aesthetics is one of the premier cosmetic centers in the Minneapolis / St. Paul region for Silhouette Lift™, a minimally invasive, non-surgical facelift procedure. Dr. Leslie Smith’s background as a skin specialist combined with advanced training for the technique makes her one of the most qualified cosmetic doctors in the Twin Cities for this exciting procedure.
Silhouette Lift Overview
Silhouette Lift™ is a non surgical facelift technique used to tighten sagging skin in the face, neck and jowls. The fact that it is minimally invasive and performed in our comfortable Wayzata treatment center under local anesthesia has helped to make this procedure so popular.
Benefits of Silhouette Lift
- Minimally invasive, only requires a small incision which can be easily disguised in the hairline
- Outpatient procedure under local anesthesia
- Procedure complete in less than an hour
- Most patients return to normal activity within 2 - 4 days
- Dr. Smith is a skin specialist, so she is able to achieve incredibly natural looking results
- FDA approved
- Results last up to 4 years
- Results can be extended up to an additional 4 years with a simple retightening procedure
- Silhouette Lift is less expensive than traditional facelift
How Does It Work
Silhouette Lift Step-by-Step
- Pre-Treatment - Dr. Smith will administer local anesthesia before beginning the procedure. You will remain fully awake throughout the Silhouette Lift, but be able to communicate and follow direction. This will also help to speed up the recovery process.
- Incision - Dr. Smith will make a very small incision in the temporal region, just in front of the ear. In the case of a neck lift, the incision will be made behind the ear. As a skin specialist, Dr. Smith has the experience to make a very conservative incision that will reduce the risk of scarring.
- Silhouette Sutures - Using a special device, Dr. Smith will insert the Silhouette Sutures™ into predetermined locations on the mid to lower face. Depending on the desired lift, one or several sutures will be inserted.
- Repositioning the Skin - Dr. Smith will pull the Silhouette Sutures to give the desired lift and anchor them in the temporal region.
- Closing the Incision - Fine sutures are used to close the incision. The incision site is so small that it generally doesn’t require special dressings or coverings. Dr. Smith will review any special care instructions.
Silhouette Lift Post-Op
Silhouette Lift is typically complete in about an hour and you will be able to leave our office immediately. Common side effects include temporary soreness in the incision site. Most patients return to normal activities in two to four days. Full recovery is expected within 10 days.
Silhouette Lift Results
You will see an immediate improvement in the tightness of the skin and coutours of the face and neck. Silhouette Lift is long lasting, up to three or four years for most patients. Dr. Smith can extend these results an additional three to four years with a simple, 20 minute retightening procedure.
Silhouette Lift FAQs
Can Silhouette Lift be an alternative to facelift?
Dr. Smith notes that while Silhouette Lift is not a substitute for a traditional facelift, it can provide a considerable improvement for patients with early to moderate signs of aging. For patients with significant facial sagging, however, a surgical facelift may still be the best option. Dr. Smith will help you decide which is right for you.
Is Silhouette Lift safe?
Over 17,000 procedures have been performed to date in over 55 countries. As with any surgery, there are risks and side effects. Those associated with Silhouette Lift are mild and rare. Silhouette Lift can only be offered by trained physicians such as Dr. Smith.